We’ve been really busy.
Since PrintUI first launched earlier this year we’ve been hard at work. These are the new features that we’ve added:
Web App Features:
- Locked frames.
- Support for all supported InDesign file types (including PDF, AI, WMF, PNG, BMP, GIF, etc).
- Support for placed linked images in InDesign.
- Support for embedded InDesign graphics.
- Ability to replace graphics placed in InDesign.
- Graphic cropping and positioning tools in the web app.
- Palette controls for frame rotation.
- Control of image content rotation.
- Fit frame to image.
- Fit image to frame.
- Support for superscript text
- Support for subscript text
- Support for arbitrary baseline shift set within InDesign.
- Support for correct rendering of space before and space after paragraphs.
- Support for right to left text.
- Support for first line indent
- Support for right and left paragraph indent.
- Support for correct rendering of paragraph direction (i.e. right to left)
- Restrict display size of small documents (i.e. a business card will not fill the screen when loaded.
- Improved object selection behavior.
- Support for InDesign rectangles
- Support for InDesign text alignment options (e.g. bottom-aligned text).
Web App Run-time Options:
- Prevent end users from uploading their own images.
- Prevent end users from adding more text frames.
- Prevent end users from changing text fonts or text styles.
- Localization — currently English and Hebrew.
- Display current templates.
- Get list of job IDs for end user customizations of a template.
- Get list of fonts used by a template.
- Get list of size codes for a template.
PrintUI InDesign Extension:
- Auto update.
- Ability to download an InDesign document that reflects end user customizations.
- Much improved preflight error information and suggestions.
- Design and management tips available within the panel.
PrintUI.com Developer Info:
- List of built-in InDesign Server fonts.
- C# sample code.
- Integration tips for web storefronts.
- A simple but complete PHP web site sample.
and much more to come…